Founded in 1949, United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) is a non-profit agency committed to advancing the independence and productivity of people with disabilities. We believe in Life without Limits for People with Disabilities.
United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cincinnati is seeking a Program Assistant to assist participants with activities, daily living skills, and transportation. As a member of the Service Team, the Program Assistant is responsible for assisting participants with the achievement of individual goals, planning and teaching classes and activities; assisting with meals, personal hygiene, and transportation to/from UCP and to community outings.
The qualified candidate for the position will have a passion for working with people, will be a good listener, enthusiastic, engaging and accepting, and will have the ability to work cooperatively with others to promote the optimal independence of all persons.
· Assist participants with achievement of individual goals, both personal and program related, through modeling, instruction and advocacy.
· Work with the Service Team to develop classes and curriculum that emphasize life skills development, address individuals’ choices and desires, and complete program outcomes.
· Teach life enrichment classes, as assigned.
· Ensure participants are as independent as possible with all activities. Encourage individuals to make their own decisions (with assistance in understanding possible outcomes.) Advocate for each participant to ensure that his or her desires and needs are met.
· Oversee and implement safety standards as set forth by the agency and funding sources.
· Document all classes, activities and services accurately and according to schedule.
· Provide feedback and program recommendations to your supervisor.
· Assist participants with personal hygiene needs, including assistance in the bathroom, washing/ wiping hands/faces, adjusting clothes/hair, cleaning glasses, and feeding, etc.
· Assist participants upon arrival and departure to UCP and/or community outings, including mobility, assisting with coats/hats, and other needs expressed by the participant.
· Maintain clean, safe and orderly working areas.
· Provide transportation for participants, as assigned. Drive passenger bus/vans to and from day program and to community events/outings.
· Assist with the purchase of approved class materials and assist with other errands using own transportation as necessary.
· Assist with supervision and training of volunteers for the life enrichment program.
· Complete and maintain necessary certifications.
· Other duties, as assigned, which are in line with the agency mission and priorities.
Education: High School diploma required, some college preferred.·
Experience: Experience working with people with disabilities in direct services and advocacy is desired. Experience in teaching independent living skills and providing activities of daily living assistance is a plus.
A valid driver’s license, able to meet UCP vehicle insurance requirements, and reliable transportation.
Ability to safely drive and operate the UCP passenger buses equipped with wheelchair lift.
Successful completion and maintenance of CPR and First Aid certifications.
Successful completion of UCP criminal background check, physical and drug tests.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience working with Microsoft Office, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Essential physical requirements of the job: kneeling, standing, pulling, grasping, seeing, visual acuity, balancing, crouching, walking, lifting, tactile sense, hearing, stooping, reaching, pushing, fingering, repetitive movements, talking.
This worker is normally subject to inside environmental conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UCP offers a rewarding working environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, short and long term disability, retirement, and paid time off.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources, United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cincinnati, 3601 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45229 or email@example.com
United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cincinnati is a 501(C)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer
United Cerebral Palsy offers a rewarding environment serving children, youth, and adults with physical disabilities.
Life without Limits for People with Disabilities
Did you know that more that 50% of those served by UCP have a disability other than cerebral palsy?